Price Ausangate Trek per person:
USD $ USD $
The mountain nevada of Ausangate is one of the highest snow covered of Peru in the Cordillera Vilcanota located 130 kilometers from Cusco and reaches an altitude (6,372 m / 20,905,512 ft) has several gaps of a green / bright blue, presents a landscape beautiful natural.
In this chain of mountains covered with perpetual snow, different hikes are made, one of them is the fervent pilgrimage to the snowy Ocongate that takes place once a year, in this is the Lord Qoyllur Rit’i (Snowy shining) that attracts thousands pilgrims every year stands are made, however; The Ausangate can be visited by all those who love adventure and love to be in contact with pure nature.
Altitude during the travel
5.0 (+ 100). Testimonials of customers.
It is necessary the acclimatization in Cusco, one or two days before starting the journey. For a good acclimatization is necessary to rest as much as possible, eat little, drink plenty of fluids; especially coca tea, that has healing and digestive properties. A proper acclimatization, avoid being affected by the “soroche” or altitude sickness, which can cause numerous health discomfort.
|Acclimatization||1 – 2 Days in Cusco|
|Total Distance||70 km / 43 miles|
Day 01: Cusco – Tinki – Upis
Day 02: Upis – Ausangate Cocha
Day 03: Ausangate Cocha – Palomani – Pinaya
Day 04: Pinaya – Qampa – Pachanta
Day 05: Pachanta – Tinki – Cusco
Day 01 Cusco – Upis
Early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel for then moving on our tour bus to the village of Tinki located at an altitude of (3,800 m / 12,467,192 ft),on our way, visit villages like Urcos and Ocongate to finally reach the small town of Tinki. From this village we take a long walk towards the village of Upis on the route we will have a delicious lunch. In the afternoon we arrive at our camp which is next to the thermal baths.
Day 02 Upis – Ausangate Cocha
After our breakfast, we leave Upis to start an ascent of about 3 hours of walking to reach the Abra Arapa, from where we have a splendid view of the mountains, in the course of our way we will stop to take our food. On our way we can appreciate lakes surrounded by rock formations and the typical landscape of the highlands, we arrive at our second camp Ausangate Cocha after approximately six hours walk.
Day 03 Ausangate Cocha – Palomani – Pinaya
After our breakfast we continue our journey along a road that is on the rise for 3 hours, continue to decline, this time close to the snowy reaching 5,200 m / 17,060,368 ft, the panoramic view is really amazing where we will appreciate a wide chain of snowy, after marvel, begin the descent into the valley Pinaya, which will be our third camp.
Day 04 Pinaya – Qampa – Pachanta
After our breakfast, we left early. This day we will pass again close to the snowy, the second Abra Qampa 5,000 m / 16,404,200 ft, enjoy a landscape without equal. We continue our journey down the valley of Lagunas as Qomercocha, Pacacocha and Azul Cocha, until the village of Pachanta. Dinner and Overnight.
Day 05 Pachanta – Tinki – Cusco
This last day, we walk for 3-4 hrs. to reach the town of Tinki, on arrival in the town of Tinki, we were waiting for our transport to return to the City of Cusco.
- Briefing with the guide prior to the walk and will give us the maps.
- Additional guidance for bigger groups of 9 people.
- Chef, expert on treks.
- Assistant cook for groups to 9 people.
- Horses that carry camping equipment and food.
- Food along the way: 4x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner.
- Vegetarian option is free; only inform us in advance, please.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen bottle.
- Camping equipment: tents and mattresses.
- Kitchen equipment: kitchen tent, dining tent, kitchen utensils.
- Discount of USD $ 25.00 to students with internacional card – ISIC Card (you must send a copy of the card when you book your tour).
- 1 Extra Porter (14 kg) for assintance with your personal luggage: USD $ 200.00. the extra porter can be shared by 2 people.
- Rent an extra horse to ride when tired USD $ 200.00
- Additional mats: USD $ 45.00.
- Additional tent: USD $ 35.00.
- Sleeping bag: USD $ 45.00 per person.
- Baton x 01: USD $ 15.00 per person.
Phone: + 51-84-226034
Cell Phone: + 51-944242767 + 51-998898999
Address: Av. Pachacutec 608, Wanchaq – Cusco – Perú