Price Ausangate Trek per person:
USD $ 670 USD $ 640
Ausangate is one of the snow-covered most of the Peru high and is located 100 kilometers from Cusco at an altitude of (6372 m / 20905 ft) has large gaps of a color green / bright blue, presents a natural landscape of great beauty. Each year at northern of the Ausangate celebrates the feast of the Lord of Qoyllur Rity (nevado shined by the morning star of the morning).
The Nevado Ausangate is frequently visited, for all those who love adventure and they like to be in contact with pure nature. During our tour we will walk approximately 4 to 5 hours each day, the walks are long, but slow at the same time. In this way you can enjoy the variety of climates that presents this area.
Altitude during the travel
5.0 (+ 100). Testimonials of customers.
It is necessary the acclimatization in Cusco, one or two days before starting the journey. For a good acclimatization is necessary to rest as much as possible, eat little, drink plenty of fluids; especially coca tea, that has healing and digestive properties. A proper acclimatization, avoid being affected by the “soroche” or altitude sickness, which can cause numerous health discomfort.
|Acclimatization||1 – 2 Days in Cusco|
|Total Distance||76 km / 47,4 miles|
Day 01: Cusco – Tinki
Day 02: Tinki – Upis
Day 03: Upis – Ausangate Cocha
Day 04: Ausangate Cocha – Pinaya
Day 05: Pinaya – Qampa – Pachanta
Day 06: Pachanta – Tinki – Cusco
Day 01 Cusco – Tinki
Early in the morning will do pick up from their respective hotels to then move on our bus tour to the village of Tinki which lies at an altitude of (3,800 m / 12,467 ft) during our journey will visit villages including Urcos and Ocongate to finally reach the small village of Tinki where we’ll rest in a camp.
Day 02 Tinki – Upis
After our breakfast we leave Tinki to begin an ascent of approximately 3 hours of walking from where we have a splendid view of the mountains, in the course of our journey we will stop to take our food. During the walk we will see lagoons surrounded by rock formations and the typical landscape of the puna, we reach our second camp Upis approximately after 6 hours of walking.
Day 03 Upis – Ausangate Cocha
After our breakfast we continue our journey along a path that is on the rise for 2 hours, where we can appreciate the beautiful mountains forming the Cordillera like all shades of colors due to the vegetation of the area, we will continue walking down to Yana Cocha Lagoon (Black Lagoon) until Puca Cocha (Red Lagoon), where we take our food and a little break. Then we start to climb to the highest point of this route to Abra Ausangate (4,850 m / 15,912 ft), where we can see our camp, located on the banks of Ausangate Cocha (4,440 m / 14,563 ft) there overnight.
Day 04 Ausangate Cocha – Pinaya
After our breakfast we leave early. This day will pass by the highest step of our journey, the Abra Palomani. We will enjoy a scenery above 5,000 m / 16,404 ft, then we will have a short break. Continue our tour down to an area of grazing ruminants until reaching Uchuy Phinaya where we will have lunch, then continue our walk towards Qampa (4,300 m / 14,104 ft).
Day 05 Pinaya – Qampa – Pachanta
Every day is a new discovery so this day we continue our tour towards the Abra Qampa, which is surrounded by snow-covered Acero, Pico Tres, Huamanticlla, continuing to sight the Qomerqocha lagoon for lunch, then walk for two hours to Pacchanta (4,100 m / 13,448 ft) a farming community that still preserves its traditions also has hot springs, a place to enjoy a relaxing bath and awaits our camp ready to rest our last night.
Day 06 Pachanta – Tinki – Cusco
The way back to Tinki comes after our usual breakfast, this last day, will walk for 4 hours to reach the town of Tinki, arriving to the village we will enjoy our farewell lunch and then return to the City of Cusco arriving around 7:00 pm.
- Briefing where our guide will explain about the walk and give us the maps.
- Transfer from hotel in Cusco to the start point of the Ausangate path.
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Additional guidance for groups over 9 people.
- Assistant cook for groups over 9 people.
- Drover mules loaded with camping equipment and food.
- Food during the Choquequirao Trek: 5x breakfast, 5x lunch, 5x dinner.
- Vegetarian option is free, only inform us in advance, please.
- First Aid Kit, Blood pressure, oxygen bottle.
- Camping equipment: tents and mattresses.
- Kitchen equipment: kitchen tent, dining tent, kitchen utensil.
- Discount of USD $ 25.00 to students with internacional card – ISIC Card (you must send a copy of the card when you book your tour).
- 1 Extra Porter (14 kg) for assintance with your personal luggage: USD $ 200.00. the extra porter can be shared by 2 people.
- Rent an extra horse to ride when tired USD $ 200.00
- Additional mats: USD $ 45.00.
- Additional tent: USD $ 35.00.
- Sleeping bag: USD $ 45.00 per person.
- Baton x 01: USD $ 15.00 per person.
Phone: + 51-84-226034
Cell Phone: + 51-944242767 + 51-998898999
Address: Av. Pachacutec 608, Wanchaq – Cusco – Perú