Price Huchuy Qosqo Trek – Machu Picchu per person:
USD $ 540 USD $ 490
The trek to Machu Picchu by Route Huchuy Qosqo is one of the shorter you have in Cusco as it travels an average of 17 kilometers on foot, this route was designed for those who do not have much time but still want to do a walking tour before reaching the great Inca city of Machu Picchu, ideal for people who like to be in touch with nature, away from the bustling city.
During the walk we will have the opportunity to see vestiges of Inca constructions, some Inca stairs and small door decorations Incas up to Huchuy Qosqo, former royal Inca palace. Huchuy Qosqo is a Quechua word that means Small Cusco, this is located on the mountains of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, from this point we can appreciate the stunning panoramic view of the Vilcanota mountain range with its towering snow-capped peaks.
Altitude during the travel
5.0 (+ 100). Testimonials of customers.
It is necessary the acclimatization in Cusco, one or two days before starting the journey. For a good acclimatization is necessary to rest as much as possible, eat little, drink plenty of fluids; especially coca tea, that has healing and digestive properties. A proper acclimatization, avoid being affected by the “soroche” or altitude sickness, which can cause numerous health discomfort.
Inca Trail Huchuy Qosqo – Machu Picchu 3 Days / 2 Nights
|Acclimatization||1 – 2 Días en Cusco|
|Total Distance||22 km / 13,1 miles|
Day 1: Cusco – Tambomachay
Day 2: Huchuy Qosqo – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Day 01 Cusco – Tambomachay – Huchuy Qosqo
Early morning you will be picked up from your hotel, to be able to take our bus to the archaeological complex Tambomachay (3,700 m / 12,139 ft), where we will begin our trek. During our tour we will see beautiful landscapes, some Andean communities and Qoricocha Lagoon (Lagoon of gold). Then we reach the community Pumamarca (3,980 m / 13,057 ft), from here we can appreciate the impressive Sacred Valley of the Incas. We continue our trek upward to reach León Punku (Gate of leon) at this location can be appreciated mysterious rock formations. And finally arrive at the archaeological complex Huchuy Qosqo (3,450 m / 11,318ft), here we will spend the night in our camp.
Day 02 Huchuy Qosqo – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After our breakfast, we will have a guided by archaeological complex Huchuy Qosqo, immediately we will have free time to photograph the beautiful landscape and explore the place on our own. And then begin our trek that takes about 2 hours. After a short tour we will have our respective lunch and a brief rest. In the afternoon we expect our bus to take us to the train station in the village Ollantaytambo, where we board our train going to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu), for an average of two hours. Arriving to Aguas Calientes we go to the hotel to rest, the village offers all basic needs, such as restaurants, places to shop, ATM, located at the foot the mountain Machu Picchu.
Day 03 Machu Picchu – Cusco
Very early in the morning depending on the weather, can be harnessed to see the sunrise without doubt the best moment to appreciate the splendor of Machu Picchu, we will take our bus for the ascent that will take us about 30 minutes to get to this marvel.
Here we will have a guided tour of the most important areas of this great Inca City, such as agricultural and urban areas, the main entrance to the Inca city, the magnificent Sun Temple, ceremonial places, sacred spring, the Intihuatana or sundial and terraces from which to contemplate the Inca domains.
Our guided by the City of Machu Picchu will last about two and a half hours, after this we will have free time to explore the rest of the city on our own and take the corresponding photos.
After this time descend again to the town of Aguas Calientes where we will have lunch and thus be able take the train back to Cusco.
- Briefing where our guide will explain about the walk and give us the maps.
- Additional guidance for groups over 9 people.
- Experienced cook in treks.
- Assistant cook for groups over 9 people.
- Horses that carry camping equipment and food.
- Food along the way: 2x breakfast, 2x lunch, 2x dinner.
- Vegetarian option is free, only inform us in advance, please.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen bottle.
- Camping equipment: tents and mattresses.
- Kitchen equipment: kitchen tent, dining tent, kitchen utensils.
- Basic accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance Ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Guided Tour in Machu Picchu about 2 hours.
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, Expedition Service, hours: 16:22 hrs. or 18:20 hrs. or 21:50 hrs., depending on availability.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco.
- Discount of USD $ 25.00 to students with internacional card – ISIC Card (you must send a copy of the card when you book your tour).
- Ticket to Huayna Picchu: USD $ 10.00.
- 1 Extra horse (14 kg) for assintance with your personal luggage: USD $ 105.00. the extra porter can be shared by two people.
- Rent an extra horse to ride when tired USD $ 105.00
- Additional mat: USD $ 15.00.
- Additional tent: USD $ 25.00.
- Sleeping bag: USD $ 18.00 per person.
- Baton x 01: USD $ 8.00 per person.
- Service Vistadome: USD $ 50.00. Return 13:37 hrs. – 15:48 hrs. – 17:23 hrs., subject to availability.
- If you want to extend your stay in Aguas Calientes (the town just below Machu Picchu, contact us for prices, please).
Phone: + 51-84-226034
Cell Phone: + 51-944242767 + 51-998898999
Address: Av. Pachacutec 608, Wanchaq – Cusco – Perú