Price Short Inca Trail per person:
USD $ 540 USD $ 500
For groups of 2 to more people
The cost of Inca Trail to a private group (one person) is USD $ 500.00.
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu closed the month of February by disposition of the Ministry of Culture for conservation work, maintenance and cleaning. The Inca Trail is reopening on March 1.
This is the short version of the famous and stunning Inca Trail, for those who have little time available, but that in no way want to miss this unique trek.
This version of the Short Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night, goes from 104 km, located at 2,100 m / 6890 ft. (starting by train from Ollantaytambo). It is a walk of 16 miles to Machu Picchu, where you can enjoy spectacular high Andean landscapes and jungle, during the tour will visit Inca constructions as Chachabamba, Choquesuysuy Winaywayna etc.., You can also find a wide variety of flora and fauna likewise a variety of birds.
The hike takes about 6 to 7 hours to reach the Gate of Sun known as Inti Punku, where you can see the first panoramic views of Machu Picchu.
Altitude during the travel
5.0 (+ 100). Testimonials of customers.
It is necessary the acclimatization in Cusco, one or two days before starting the journey. For a good acclimatization is necessary to rest as much as possible, eat little, drink plenty of fluids; especially coca tea, that has healing and digestive properties. A proper acclimatization, avoid being affected by the “soroche” or altitude sickness, which can cause numerous health discomfort.
|Acclimatization||1 – 2 Días en Cusco|
|Total Distance||13 km / 8,08 millas|
Day 01: Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
Day 02: Visit to Machu Picchu
Day 01 Cusco (3,300 m) – Wiñaywayna (2,700 m) – Machu Picchu (2,490 m)
Early morning, we will pick you to your hotel, for transfer to the train station in Ollantaytambo for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, during the tour you can see the Sacred Valley, farmland, majestic snow; in Ollantaymtambo we will board the train that will take us to Km. 104 the journey takes about 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,217 ft) where we will begin the walk, we will pass the bridge that is over the Urubamba or Willkamayuc river which translated from Quechua means Sacred River, which was very important to them. Upon reaching the checkpoint must show identification documents either passport or foreign resident registration card or national identity document. A 15 minute walk is the archaeological center Chachabamba and Choquesuysuy that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after the visite we will begin the walk through stands in ascending up to the next place in the way we will observe the sacred valley and waterfalls of water and different types of orchids semi-tropical forest, after 4 hours of walking we reach Wiñaywayna (2,650 m / 8,694 ft) that shows a perfect example of what was farming at the time of the Incas, as along its slopes lie a number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated various agricultural products. The name Wiñaywayna comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and whose meaning in Spanish "Forever Young" and has over 20 buildings, one of them the Temple Rainbow also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the box lunch to recover energies and continue until the control Wiñaywayna.
In this second part of the course will walk for two hours through an Andean plane, stone stairs and tambos ("resting places") until the Inti Punku – Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) in time of the Incas worked as a control input to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; from here you have a breathtaking panoramic view of Machu Picchu and all valley that surrounds, then we will descend for about 30 minutes until the world wonder, Machu Picchu (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally take the bus to Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu Pueblo (2,160 m / 7,086 ft) the trip takes 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a basic accommodation. If you are not too tired, you have the option of visiting the termal baths that is 5 minutes from the village the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance and have a few drinks in a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a variety of bars and restaurants including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank.
Day 02 Machu Picchu – Cusco
We started early with a hearty breakfast and then get ready to go to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; Here we have two choices: go up by bus or walking; we included a bus ticket (up or down). The trek to Machu Picchu is 1 hour and 30 minutes, the first 30 minutes flat walk until the Ruins bridge and then climb up the bleachers properly marked.
This mysterious and enigmatic city is explored for about 2 hours in the company of your guide who will provide information regarding this wonder, will visit the most amazing places as the Royal Mausoleum, the Temple of the 3 windows, the Main Temple, the Sacred Plaza, the famous Intihuatana where the Incas sages tied the sun on the winter solstice in June, stairways, plazas, fountains, etc. After the guided tour you will have free time to take pictures or visit Huayna Picchu or "Young Mountain" which has only 400 spaces, divided into two groups: the first group (07:00 hrs. – 08:00 hrs.), second group (10:00 hrs. – 11:00 hrs.). Then he will go down to Aguas Calientes either by bus or walking depending on your choice. In the evening take a train to Ollantaytambo where we expect our driver to take us back to Cusco.
- Briefing where the guide will explain and give you more details about the trek and give us the maps.
- Professional tourist guide.
- Additional Guide for groups over 9 people.
- Food (01 Breakfasts / 01 Box Lunch / 01 Dinner).
- Free vegetarian option, please inform in advancee.
- First Aid Kit, oxygen bottle.
- Transfer from hotel in Cusco to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer by train Ollantaytambo – Km 104.
- Tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes.
- Overnight at Aguas Calientes.
- Guided Tour in Machu Picchu about 2 hours.
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (Expedition Service, regular schedule: 16:22 hrs.).
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco.
- Discount of USD $ 20.00 for students with international student card – ISIC Card (You must email us a copy of the Isic card valid at the moment you make the reservation).
- Discount of USD $ 20.00 for people under 18, (You must submit a copy of the identity card or passport at the time of booking so that the age of the passenger will be certified).
- Ticket to Huayna Picchu: USD $ 65.00.
- 1 Extra Porter (14 kg) for assistance with your personal luggage: USD $ 70.00.
- Baton x 01: USD $ 8.00.
- Service Vistadome: USD $ 50.00. Return 13:37 hrs. – 15:48 hrs. – 17:23 hrs., subject to availability.
- Hotel 2 ** Superior USD $ 60.00 Single or Double.
- Hotel 3 *** Superior USD $ 80.00 Single or Double.
- Daily departures (except in the month of february, which makes maintenance of the route of Inca Trail).
- At time of booking, all data must match with your passport.
- It is required bring your original passport which you made the reservation during the Inca Trail.
- For students, it is requirement bring the original ISIC Card together with ther passport during the Inca Trail.
- If the Ministery of culture find fraudulent ISIC Cards, the admission to the Inca Trail will be denied without a claim or refund.
- In case of find ISIC Card expired, the admission to the Inca Trail will be denied without a claim or refund.
- The return train schedule may change according to availability.
- The tip for guides, cooks and porters are not included in the tour price.
Phone: + 51-84-403337 + 51-84-403077
Cell Phone: + 51-944242767 + 51-998898999
Address: St. Recoleta Angosta 604, Cusco – Perú